About Me

My photo
Kirkland, Washington, United States
I am a child of God. I am a follower of Jesus. I am a wife, momma, daughter, sister and friend. I love good conversation and hearty laughter. A good cup of coffee is always appreciated. Most of all, I desire to bring others into an experience with Jesus. One that will shape their lives and rock their souls for Him. Geoff is my best friend and amazing husband. Parker is my handsome boy who lives in Heaven. Norah is my bright star and bringer of joy. Tori is my overcomer and peaceful warrior. I live to show Jesus' love to each person He places in my path. I pray this blog strengthens you, comforts you and encourages you and that it MOST OF ALL causes you to want to get to know Jesus in a deeper level.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

On a Lighter Note

For those of you who know me well, you know that back in July I begin the countdown to my birthday. I always look forward to each and every birthday. I have been this way, for as long as I can remember. In fact, when I was really little, I used to quietly countdown the days to my birthday, starting the day after (1 year until I'm 7, 11 months until I'm 7, 10 months until I'm 7, etc...).

After the countdown begins, so begins the frantic preparation of my wish list. That's right, I make up a wish list, and have been for as long as I can remember (I do this for Christmas too). The wish list, in it's early days, was formed on a scratch piece of paper and hung on the refrigerator for all to see. The important items, the ones I really wanted, usually had a star by them. Therefore, on a list of 10 items, 9 would have stars.

The list has since evolved. As my parents, siblings, husband and in-laws can attest, the list has evolved into a sort of catalog. Round about the age of 15 I was working on my wish list for Christmas when I thought, why not add pictures, prices, sizes, and even the item #! So I did just that. I started adding pictures of the item, prices of the item, sizes and even the item #. I would then categorize the list by importance (how badly I wanted it) and by store (everything from Old Navy would be together, from Gap, Target, etc.) It was brilliant and I've been doing it ever since, except for this year.

This year I didn't start my countdown as early and I didn't make up a wish list. In fact, I haven't made that big of a deal regarding my birthday. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant. Maybe it's because I've been so consumed with buying things for Parker. Or maybe it's because...I'm turning......25!

That's right, this year, this September 17th of 2008 marks my 25th year of life. I will have officially lived a quarter of a century on that date. INSANE isn't it! The other day I was sitting and thinking about my birthday, which again, hasn't happened very often lately, but I was sitting and thinking about the fact that I am 5 years shy of 30!! DOUBLE INSANE!! I feel like the years are flying by. Like just yesterday I was so ecstatic to be turning 15, 18, 21 and now...I'm FREAKING TURNING 25! Before I know it I will be 30 and then 40 and then....well I don't even want to think about it.

The one thing that does help in all of this quarter century misery. The one person that has really made me start to look forward to turning 25 is my husband. Geoff says that I'm going to make a HOT 25 year old and then a REALLY HOT 30 year old. He's so good to me. He tells me as often as he can how excited he is for me to turn 30 because he knows that I'll be a hot 30 year old mom. What would I do without my husband. He's wonderful.

So with this new found confidence. This new found excitement (that I'm really trying to convince myself of) I say, bring it on 25! I'm ready for ya! I'm gonna knock your socks off and start the phrase "25 is the new 12"! WHAT!? You know what I mean.

(Happy Birthday to me in 6 days and counting)

No comments: