About Me

My photo
Kirkland, Washington, United States
I am a child of God. I am a follower of Jesus. I am a wife, momma, daughter, sister and friend. I love good conversation and hearty laughter. A good cup of coffee is always appreciated. Most of all, I desire to bring others into an experience with Jesus. One that will shape their lives and rock their souls for Him. Geoff is my best friend and amazing husband. Parker is my handsome boy who lives in Heaven. Norah is my bright star and bringer of joy. Tori is my overcomer and peaceful warrior. I live to show Jesus' love to each person He places in my path. I pray this blog strengthens you, comforts you and encourages you and that it MOST OF ALL causes you to want to get to know Jesus in a deeper level.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Music...so good for the soul.

A simple blog.

I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone. I have been somewhat silent these past 2 1/2 weeks regarding my thanks to everyone. I think I just needed time. Geoff and I were so overwhelmed with how much love has been pouring in. We are overwhelmed by all the love and support from all of our family (immediate and extended) as well as our church family (those at Lakeview, New Hope, Tucson Central and other's sprinkled all over the Nazarene Church). Geoff and I have also been so overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support from our work family (my coworkers at the credit union as well as Geoff's coworkers at River Valley). The Lord has truly blessed us with wonderful people in every part of our lives. So to all of you I say (and I know that Geoff echos my sentiments) THANK YOU! You all are so WONDERFUL and we are blessed to know each and every one of you.

I have to extend one special thank you. I was blessed and truly moved when my mom and dad shared this with us. A small church, of roughly 25 members in Union Gap, WA, Union Gap Church of the Nazarene, wanted to take a love offering for us after hearing about the death of our son Parker. This is a church, made up of people that Geoff and I have never met, and never spoken with. A church that wanted to give simply because. Geoff and I will be forever thankful and blessed by people like those who attend Union Gap Nazarene.

Now, I have to continue by sharing what has helped me heal and grow during these past 2 1/2 weeks. Parker's birthday is September 15th, two days after, was my birthday. On Wednesday, the 17th of September, my family took me out to the Olive Garden for my birthday. Following dinner we went over to Mark and Vanessa's house for Ice Cream cake, it was there that we opened presents.

I received several wonderful gifts from all of my family members; however, the one gift that I absolutely cherish, the one gift that has helped in my healing, was the CD that Geoff gave me. It's Selah's Hiding Place. This CD is full of wonderful worship songs that seem to provide the words for how I am feeling during this time in my life. I just wanted to share the lyrics to one of the songs that has really helped me these past few days and weeks to cope with Parker's death.

The song is called Part The Waters/I Need Thee Every Hour. Every time this song comes on I find myself feeling so cleansed by the Holy Spirit. Here are the lyrics.

When I think I'm going under, part the waters, Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the sea
When I cry for help, oh hear me
Lord and hold out Your hand
Touch my life
Still the raging storm in me

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford

I need Thee, O I need Thee
Every hour I need Thee
O bless me now, my Savior
I come to Thee

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain
Come quickly and abide, or life is vain

Such an amazing song. This is exactly how I feel every day. Every morning I ask the Lord for strength. Every morning, as I drive to work, I play this song at least twice and sing it at the top of my lungs, as a way to pray for God to be near. It is just a wonderful CD. I always feel so blessed and rejuvenated after listening to these wonderful worship songs. PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments: