About Me

My photo
Kirkland, Washington, United States
I am a child of God. I am a follower of Jesus. I am a wife, momma, daughter, sister and friend. I love good conversation and hearty laughter. A good cup of coffee is always appreciated. Most of all, I desire to bring others into an experience with Jesus. One that will shape their lives and rock their souls for Him. Geoff is my best friend and amazing husband. Parker is my handsome boy who lives in Heaven. Norah is my bright star and bringer of joy. Tori is my overcomer and peaceful warrior. I live to show Jesus' love to each person He places in my path. I pray this blog strengthens you, comforts you and encourages you and that it MOST OF ALL causes you to want to get to know Jesus in a deeper level.

Friday, January 9, 2009

I heard a beautiful song today...

It's 4:15 in the afternoon here in the credit union. I'm sitting at my computer, browsing People.com when all of a sudden my ears prick up. They are moved to the sound of a beautiful song on the radio, one that I had not really listened intently to before. Have you ever heard the song "Held" sung by Natalie Grant? Well if you haven't, you need to google it or something (I can't figure out how to add a play list to my blog yet). It's beautiful, and the words accurately describe the role that God plays in tragedy...of any kind.

Here are some of the lyrics from the song "Held" written by Christa Wells...
(Verse 1)
Two months is too little.
They let him go.
They had no sudden healing.
To think that providence would
Take a child from his mother while she prays
Is appalling.

(Verse 2)
Who told us we'd be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We're asking why this happens
To us who have died to live?
It's unfair.

(Chorus)
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I LOVE this song! It brings me to tears every time I hear it. When my good friend lost her daughter, this song was huge for her! And when I hear this song, it's the pain of her losing her child that I associate it with. And now, you too. I can't think of a worse pain. Rachel, you continually show us all what it really means to be held. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...this is the song that got me through losing my last baby. I would sit and play it over and over again till my husband would beg me to turn it off *lol*. It brought me such comfort to know that arms were around me even when I felt like I was alone.

Anonymous said...

That song is so perfect. I love it. Isn't it amazing how God uses songs? Music is...wow, so huge. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

Rachel, I'm still enjoying reading your blogs. This song is a great song. Here's a link to imeem.com
It's a great site to find songs and listen to them.

http://www.imeem.com/simplyeme88/music/FwhGBeJ5/natalie_grant_held/